Sunday 30 January 2011

You got any ID love? YES ACTUALLY!

Hello!
I haven't updated in a while because it was my 18th birthday on Wednesday and I've been really really busy doing lots of nice things and trying to drag it out for as long as possible :') I've got lots of pictures and things to show you so be prepared for a very long post. I'll be updating with more work very very soon though <3

On Wednesday I had college so I got up at 6 to get in for 9 and came out of my room to discover lots of '18' banners and balloons and some presents, cards and some of the cutest handmade cupcakes I have ever seen! (My entire birthday seemed to be cupcake based, with lots of cupcakes, cupcake presents and cupcake cards). I got some lovely presents from Becca and Nat (I got presents from Rae too but she had an interview at a far away place on my actual birthday, as did Frankie, sad face). At lunch Adam and I went to Wetherspoons and had a good laugh pretending we were on a date because there was only 2 of us; I had a chicken and bacon panini and chips, and shared a pitcher of 'purple rain' with Adam and then half a glass of 'green-eyed monster', lovely! Then back to college where Mike's mum had sent him with a gorgeous Hello Kitty cake for me to share with the other 2nd years, it was so lovely I didn't want to cut it :( Here's the only photo I got, nom nom nom.

After college we went back to Mike's to get ready to go out for a meal with my Dad, Step-mum and Mike's parents at Brown's in Leeds. When we got back Mike made me go upstairs until I was allowed to come down and when I did on the table there was a Playstation cake that Mike's mum had made me (!!!) and some lovely presents from both Mike and his Mum and Dad, including a 'reader e-book' and a gorgeous Cath Kidston purse. (I'm going to take pictures of all my presents for a different post tomorrow or later in the week so you can see them then, rather than me trying to explain). It was so lovely, just that hour or so was one of the best bits of my birthday because it was so simple and happy :) (Yes, I enjoyed all of my birthday, but that was very relaxing and family-ish)


After we'd sat down and had a cup of tea we got ready and went into Leeds for our meal. It was really nice and atmospheric and there was a piano player, which was a nice change from really rowdy cafes and pubs with chavvy CDs on :') The people at Browns were lovely and had tied balloons to my chair and brought me a complimentary champagne cocktail which I thought was really sweet. Mike and I both ordered these really exciting sounding burgers (his was wild boar!) which were delicious! After we'd eaten my Dad gave me my present, which was a pretty Thomas Sabo charm bracelet which is made from a sort of plaited leather, I love it! Mike and I shared a chocolate brownie with ice-cream afterwards which was so nice, then we sat and chatted for a while then went our separate ways and straight to bed, phew!

On Friday I went out for a meal with the girls (Frankie, Rae, Alex, Nat, Becca and Megan) to Wagamamas after a couple of drinks at Wetherspoons which was really nice because it was such a change, we never really do anything like that but I think we should try make it a regular thing form now on :D I had Yaki Soba, which is noodles with egg, chicken, shrimps, onions, green and red peppers, beansprouts and spring onions, garnished with mixed sesame seeds, fried shallots and pickled ginger. Best. Thing. Ever. (apart from cheese) :') After everyone else had left Alex and I went back to Wetherspoons and had a pitcher of 'blue lagoon'.

On Saturday night we went out round Leeds (Me, Mike, Frankie, Chris, Alex, Adam, Megan, Kate and Joe) which was fuuuuuuuuun :D I had lots of pretty cocktails and went to quite a few different places, including the Cockpit where we had a good sing-along and a dance and it was awesome :) Slept at Adam and Alex's, full on crashed on the sofa from pure tiredness with achey feet and came home to a not-so-surprise party with family this afternoon :')

A selection of some of the hilarious photos that were taken :') I'll do a post soon on my presents, as well as some better pictures of what I wore to all these lovely things I've been doing. This has been a very long post, congratulations if you have reached the end :')

Hasta la vista! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment