Tuesday 11 January 2011

Visual Communication task - handed in, but not over yet!

I applied to BA Visual Communication at Leeds College of Art (where I study now) for uni and was sent a request for a preliminary work sample, which was a task that came with the letter. The shortest way I can explain the task is 'create a series of still/moving images to show how to make the world a better place, thinking locally rather than globally, using any media.'

I got the letter at the start of the Christmas holidays, just after my laptop had broken, Mike had lost his camera charger (I don't have my own SLR), I don't have any software and I couldn't get into college to do anything about it. I came up with my concept and my idea over a couple of weeks and had to borrow my friend Adam's camera and use Alex's Macbook to create my designs. They're lifesavers! Just hope the tutors looking at my work can see how much work has gone into it :)

I'm not going to put the images up until after I have received confirmation that my work has been viewed or that I have an interview.

I handed the work in about 40 minutes ago, and I'm just as worried about it now as I have been for the past month, it's nail-biting stuff. I just hope they get back to me soon to let me know if I have an interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment