Monday 10 January 2011

What you see isn't always what you get...

This brief was the second of the second year, running from the end of September to the start of November 2010. The brief was to design a magazine layout using "InDesign' for either 'Stylist' or 'Shortlist' magazine (I chose Shortlist) to raise awareness of Body Dysmorphia Disorder (BDD). This disorder warps the sufferers image and perspective of themselves negatively and can render the sufferer unable to leave the house, for fear of their perceived 'defect' being noticed by others. I chose to use very simple typefaces and imagery to convey my concept as I felt this would connect with my target audience (men) very well. I took inspiration from Gillian Wearing for the photographs and used the simple idea of signs to show that everyone has a perceived defect, whether it's big or small. I used a mixture of dark tones and a bright blue to show the darker side to the article, but the blue to highlight quotes (and also to catch the male attention). 
(Click image to enlarge, this is just a printscreen as I was unable to upload the original file)




Any feedback would be awesome, cheers guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment