Friday 7 January 2011

Starting out

This is one of my earliest pieces of college work and was the 2nd or 3rd brief from October/November 2009 (I think!) and my first attempt at using 'Illustrator', aside from my work experience. The brief was to create a series of 4 stamps which would appeal to a teenage target audience and increase their interest in the product (stamps). I chose to focus on festivals, as I felt this would connect really well with teenagers around my age, as they are a personal interest. I created it by scanning in textures such a scrunched up brown paper and a scarf from my bag, as well as simple line illustrations which I then edited and coloured in using 'Illustrator'. I then used 'Photoshop' to layer the textures and images over one another to create my stamps. I did a stamp per festival and created 2 illustrated characters for each stamp. I really liked this piece when I first created it, but looking at it now I know I can do much better, however I am still pleased with how it originally turned out :) Click to enlarge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment