Tuesday 26 March 2013

I finished first year and escaped to Edinburgh

After finishing my first year at Viscom at Leeds, Frankie and I went away to Edinburgh at the beginning of June for a few days. It was really nice to be away from Leeds for a bit and spend time with my best friend as I really hadn't enjoyed my first year at university and wanted to not think about it for a while. 

We stayed in a Travelodge quite close to the centre and we saw a lot of things. One of the main sights to be seen was the Olympic torch passing through the Royal Mile on our second day, the streets were lined with people and it was a really great atmosphere. It was nice to be a part of history in some way, cheesy as that sounds. We also climbed what we thought was Arthur's seat (it wasn't), shopped, visited the museum and ate a lot of nice food. 

Here are some choice photos, there were far too many:










I really love it in Edinburgh and I think I'd like to live there one day, even if it's just for a year or something. It's beautiful up there and I'm always happy there. I had such a good time and I really wanted to go back (which I did)

No comments:

Post a Comment