Tuesday 23 April 2013

'Love letter to type' pt 1

The brief: create 2 posters promoting 2 different typefaces to the type foundry 'Linotype'. The typefaces are the only source of visual material, 1 poster needs to be in black and white, the other in colour. 
Required elements
Each poster must contain:
• some kind of image/illustration made from the typeface itself
• a full sample font including upper and lower case and numerals
• the full text about your chosen font
• you must use no typeface other than the one you have chosen but 
you can explore the whole family – different sizes, weights, italics etc.


We were given 10 typefaces to choose from for this brief. I chose 'Univers' and 'Garamond' as I felt they contrasted well and were good typefaces for me to work with. I really enjoy layout so this was a good project for me. Below is my final design for 'Univers', I was really pleased with it. I like the colours and the contrast between the cool and warm tones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment